Our purpose is to teach our children the Holy Scriptures that they may know God, love Him and His Word, and serve Him. Our Sunday Bible classes are meant to complement the teaching given by Christian parents in the church, and to provide an opportunity for children who would otherwise be deprived of Christian education.
The main aims of our Sunday Bible Classes are to:
- Establish youth in their faith through strong Bible teaching
- Help youth to connect Bible truths and principles to life
- Help youth to develop strong relationship with one another in the church
- Teach youth responsibility through serving and obedience in reaching out to the non-believers
Our Philosophies and Values
- Teach them the Fear of the LORD
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, knowledge and understanding (Ps 111:10; Pr 1:7; 9:10). It is the prerequisite to all other learning. Hence, we strive to instill and cultivate in our children from young deep reverence for God; respect for teachers of God’s Word; attentiveness to God’s message and delight in God’s commands.
- Teach them the Scripture
We believe that God’s Word is central to the salvation of our children (Rom 10:17; 2Tim 3:15) and also the agent of our sanctification (John 17:17). Hence, the focus and main content of the Sunday Bible lesson is the Scripture.
- Train their Listening
God has ordained that man be saved through faith in Christ (Rom 1:16-17) and faith comes through hearing of the Word (Rom 10:14-17). We recognize that listening is a much neglected skill in today’s generations. Our desire is to help our children develop from young good listening skills, especially towards the Word of God.
- Disciple them for life
Discipleship is what 2 Timothy 3:16 encompasses– teaching, rebuking, correcting, training a child in righteousness. We actively seize each opportunity in Sunday Bible Classes to train and disciple our youths through our teaching and example.
- Teach to Restore them to God
We see that our children are lost without God, and they can never appreciate the teachings of the Bible unless God enables them (1Cor 2:14). Our unspoken and utmost goal for all the children is that they may be restored to God. We teach not that the children may know the Bible but they may know the God who gave them the Bible, and come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
Program and Curriculum
There are two key aspects: Teaching and Training
- Youth Bible Class on Sundays (11:30am – 1:00pm on Sundays)
Using the So What? series from Great Commission Publications (http://sowhatstudies.org/) – Inductive Bible study – Focus on challenging students to question:
– So what does the bible say?
– What questions does the bible answer?
– What difference does it make?
- Youth Meetings on Saturdays (7:30pm – 9:30pm on 1st and 3rd Saturdays)
The Saturday Youth meetings aim to train the youths responsibility in service, outreach and relationship. These may include activities such as:
– Topic-based workshop,
– Social activities – e.g. sports, outing, night cycling etc,
– Fellowship/Special Projects – e.g. mission trips, Christmas carolling, etc.
Email us to find out more!