“Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; Let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.
For the Lord is thegreat God, the great King above all gods.”
The Worship Ministry supports the church’s overall mission of leading God’s people to glorify God by being and making disciples of Christ Jesus. Through God’s enabling, we strive to provide a meaningful worship experience for all who step into Mt Hermon BP Church on the Lord’s Day to worship with us. In this respect, we pray that God will draw worshippers to Himself and pour the riches of His blessing on His people.
Our worship service is scripture-based. The following points are adapted and summarised from J. C. Ryle’s book entitled Worship: Its priority, principles and practice.
Principles of Worship
- Worship must be directed to God and God alone (Deut 6:13; Matt 4:10)
- Worship is through the mediation of Christ/ is Christ-centred (John 14:6; Heb 7:25)
- Worship must be from the heart (1 Sam 16:7; Isa 29:13; Mat 15:8-9)
- Worship must be reverent (Ecc 5:1; Ps 89:7; Heb 12:28,29)
- Worship must be in spirit and in truth (John 4:24)
Practice of Worship
- Coming to worship on the Lord’s Day is God honouring (Acts 20:7; 1 Cor 16:2; Ps 122:1)
- Coming for worship edifies others as well (1 Cor 14:26)
- Ministering of God’s Word to awaken sinners and establish saints (2 Tim 4:2)
- Public reading of Scriptures to give attention to the reading of God’s Word (1 Tim 4:13)
- Public prayer to join the assembly of minds in making supplications (1 Tim 2:1)
- United praise to acknowledge and give thanks to God through hymns and spiritual songs (Eph 5:19; Col 3:16)
- Giving an offering (Psa 116:12, 17)
- Practice of the two sacraments – Baptism and the Holy Communion as the Lord has instituted (Mat 28:19; Luke 22:19
Mt Hermon BP Church warmly welcomes all members and friends to worship with us every Sunday at 11.00 am.