Speaker: Rev Benjamin Tsao
Text: Daniel 1
- In spite of crises, God is in control (vv 1-3)
Sometimes crises are a result of God’s loving chastisement (Hebrews 12:6-7)
- Let us live uncompromisingly for God as He watches over us (vv 4-21)
- We must be wary of the negative influence of the world (vv 4b-7)
- We must be committed to not compromise God’s commands (vs 8)
- God’s favour is on those who make a commitment to Him (vv 9-21)
- Have you experienced God’s chastisement/refinement through suffering in your life? Share your experience with the group.
- Have you experienced God’s favour as a result of your commitment to Him? Share your experience with the group.
- In what ways does our world subtly brainwash us?
- How can we like Daniel and his friends stay courageously committed to God’s commands?